CHALLENGING CLIMATE CHANGE
With the growing concerns over climate change and the finite resources in construction, we all have a duty to reduce our environmental impact.
Welling embraces the changes required to meet the climate challenge in the ways we deliver our services and the advice we provide clients.
Working collaboratively with specialist sustainability consultants we help our clients to respond positively and cost-effectively to the climate emergency in their new build programmes as well as existing assets.
By adopting a number of approaches we can help to make construction projects more sustainable.
Aspects of this Service may include:
- Assisting the client to scope the project brief to deliver different sustainability standards i.e. Passive Haus, Leti, ACEB, Net Carbon Zero
- Understanding the opportunity of transforming old buildings for new alternatives and preserving embodied carbon
- Assessing the potential of sustainable materials with the design team, a fabric first approach
- Advising on the delivery of on-site renewable energy through using solar power, air source and ground source heat pumps.
- Ensuring supply chain arrangements and procurement promote sustainability
- Utilising modern methods of construction to deliver better and more sustainable outcomes
- Assisting clients in achieving retrofit aspirations