Party Wall Matters

Expert advice to protect, prevent, and resolve potential disputes arising from party wall, access, and license matters.


Whether you are planning a major infill development, improving an existing property or planning a new extension, it is important to understand how the Party Wall act may affect your plans.

The Party Wall Act 1996 is effective throughout England and Wales and covers more than just dividing walls between properties. It covers the space between buildings, party wall fences and even floor structures between flats.

Welling has a dedicated team of Party Wall Surveyors to assist Clients with all Party Wall matters. This service covers a range of building works involving existing property or new build developments.

Our surveyors have experience in providing advice to a range of private and public sector Clients including Developers, Local Authorities and Housing Associations as well as domestic Clients.

Aspects of this Service may include:

  • Assessment of potential requirements under the Party Wall Act
  • Advice on how to mitigate the potential need for service notices
  • Advise adjoining owners when notices are served against them
  • Acting as Party Wall Surveyor
  • Negotiating access agreements on the adjoining owners’ land, where rights are not provided under the Party Wall Act
  • Preparing crane oversailing licenses
  • Undertake a schedule of conditions to append to awards