PROPERLY CONSIDER AND MANAGE HEALTH AND SAFETY
Health and safety are central to all aspects of our lives – none more so than in the construction industry, where managing the inherent risks involved in the building process is key.
Welling can advise on all aspects of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 through our services as Principal Designer and Client Advisor.
Our experienced teams have the organisational capacity, design skills, and knowledge to undertake an important and influential role in a variety of building types.
As Principal Designer, we have a key statutory duty to control and manage the pre-construction and design phases of projects which is essential to set the tone and expectations on how risks to health and safety are managed and monitored during a project.
Aspects of this Service may include:
- Supporting the discharge of client and principal designer duties under the 2015 CDM Regulations.
- Plan, manage, monitor and coordinate health and safety in the pre-construction phase
- Help and advise the client in bringing together pre-construction information, and provide the information designers and contractors need to carry out their duties
- Work with any other designers on the project to eliminate foreseeable health and safety risks to anyone affected by the work and, where that is not possible, take steps to reduce or control those risks
- Ensure that everyone involved in the pre-construction phase communicates and cooperates, coordinating their work wherever required
- Review the contractor’s construction phase plan
- Identify notifiable works and lodge F10 notice
- Liaise with the principal contractor, keeping them informed of any risks that need to be controlled during the construction phase
- Working with the principal contractor to prepare the health and safety file